Hub Division Controller Central & South Europe (80-100%)
Baden-Dattwil, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
Our business unit is active in over 75 countries worldwide, offering systems and services for the complete production chain in the mining, aluminum and cement industries. Our customers benefit from our proven expertise in plant engineering and electrical infrastructure design, full electrification, motors and drive systems as well as control systems for process optimization. You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Process Industry business in our Hub Central & South Europe and also assume responsibility for the Local Division Controlling of our organization in Switzerland. Reporting to the Global Division Controller you will provide key support to the business, ensuring accurate tracking and processing of all transactions.
Preferred location of the role would be Switzerland.
- Serving as the key partner for the Hub Manager and the Local Division Manager in determining business strategy in line with wider Division and Product Group strategies
- Lead local controlling teams of the Hub regions to optimize financial performance.
- Translating business strategy into plans and establishing measurable targets, evaluating the financial implications of various strategic decisions, identifying risks and recommending actions.
- Support effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solution; executing risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risk.
- Establishing cost structures, productivity optimization and capital efficiency while closely monitoring cash flow and taking relevant actions to improve net working capital.
- Establishing and overseeing the processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information, ensuring high quality information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Monitoring progress achieved and providing insight and analysis to support operational decision-making; identifying issues and advising management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve; driving appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration; MBA degree would be an asset
- Minimum 10 years’ experiences in financial and business controlling (knowledge on financial accounting and reporting)
- Several years of experience in a project business and manufacturing environment
- Knowledge on financial accounting and reporting (SAP & ERP)
- Strategic approach, flexibility, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Thinking systematically, analytical and result oriented
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong written and verbal communication skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Telephone +41 79 794 08 89
ABB Data Privacy Statement: