Procurement Program Manager – Footprint Transformation
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in the buildings of the future, through sustainable electrification solutions, services and products
You will be working as Procurement Program Manager – Footprint Transformation in our Smart Buildings Division in Electrification Business Area. You will be reporting to the Head of Procurement of the Division and will in charge of leading the transformation of our manufacturing footprint to an asset-light model. You will also be ensuring that we reach the optimal design of our supply chain and production networks.
- Developing and implementing manufacturing footprint strategies in collaboration with other functions and leaders involved like Global Product Group, Operations, Procurement etc.
- Identifying and building a network of external supplier for supporting the strategy.
- Developing and implementing long term partnerships and co-operating with external partners for leveraging supplier innovation and design capabilities.
- Collaborating with the project teams for identifying and selecting at project level the right suppliers ensuring approval for project supplier list.
- Aligning program supply chain activities with Procurement & Logistics (P&L) organization’s sourcing strategies and list of approved vendors.
- Collaborating with project and category teams for determining the optimum set-up for procurement and manufacturing during the project along with developing schedules, estimates, forecasts and budgets.
- Escalating exceptions for ensuring best cost, quality, sustainability and delivery performance along with ensuring alignment between local P&L activities and the P&L centers.
- Managing relationships with suppliers (including negotiations, frame agreements and purchase orders) in partnership with regional and Global Category Management teams.
- Monitoring staffing plans and expenditures in the respective projects and cooperating with functional managers and HR department in project staffing.
- Applying procurement and supply chain best practices in the program and planning, ensuring appropriate implementation and compliance by team.
- Monitoring program status and updating Division Management Team of any issues.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Masters’ Degree in Business, Engineering or other relevant coursework.
- Around 10 years of experience in leadership roles in supply chain, manufacturing, procurement and logistics.
- Experience in large scale transformation initiatives in a large, global matrix industrial business.
- Deep understanding of supply chain and manufacturing in order to analyze and foresee potential financial/capability issues impacting the business and people decisions.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP.
- Six Sigma training and experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.