Senior Automation Engineering Architect
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
You will be working as Senior Automation Engineering Architect for Motion Business Area and will be reporting to the Director, Advanced Manufacturing, CI & Sustainability. You will be responsible for optimizing the production organization’s automation and robotics concepts to advance assembly methods, processes and equipment in accordance with business strategies related to safety, quality, efficiency, and costs. You will be leading collaboration with internal production team members, external systems integrators and contractors for developing automation/robotic concepts, completing approval and testing of the solutions and then coordinating the final installation and hand off the automation solution to production.
- Evaluating new process technologies for improving productivity, quality and cost reduction, defining and leading testing activities, approval criteria and external provider choices.
- Demonstrating creativity and innovation in identifying and recommending improvement opportunities and implementing improvement projects, ensuring adherence to timeframe, quality and cost requirements.
- Creating work plans and cost estimates of projects and ensuring quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost along with preparing project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Collaborating with production for gathering improvement ideas and translating ideas into requirements and actionable projects.
- Providing support to production during the internal/external process/equipment start-up, defining action plans and training relevant maintenance and production resources.
- Organizing and overseeing contractors during process/equipment installation, ensuring that proper communication with stakeholders and safety protocols are adhered to.
- Defining the working phase sequence of a new production process for achieving the targeted product cost and equipment investment budget.
- Ensuring the production process complies with the project targets, approving the design for processes developed internally or externally and performing final tests with respect to the project.
- Managing a large capital project and/or multiple small capital expenditure projects simultaneously along with creating and revising standard operating procedures.
- Leading or participating in the Customer Care Response Process for non-conformance investigations and assisting with implementing good engineering practices to reduce the risk of repeat non-conformances.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering/science field.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience with basic understanding of CAD (Autodesk/AutoCAD preferred) and practical use in designing production layouts and developing gripper systems/jigs/fixtures.
- Experience in Robot Programming and Applications along with sound understanding of Design for Assembly.
- Experience with industrial field bus like EtherCAT, EtherNET/IP, Profitnet, DeviceNet.
- Experience with MES systems and factory automation data.
- Experience with RFID asset tracking and data utilization.
- Experience in PC based control systems with Microsoft OS.
- Proficient with programming languages - Visual Basic, Java, Python, C++, etc. and must be familiar with big data technology.
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing Concepts with the ability to apply relentless continuous improvement principles to all projects/processes.
- Comfortable creating and presenting concepts within team of direct peers as well as senior level management.
- Experience working with a multinational or larger corporation and counterparts in other remote locations.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.