Electrification Global Markets Group Solutions Generation Specialist - Buildings
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy
In this role you will be responsible for establishing solid customer advocacy regarding the technology leadership and problem-solving effectiveness of the building solutions portfolio. You will be supporting the generation of the solutions offering mix, aiming to acquire a significant position in the selected micro-segments for the assigned portion of the portfolio, making our company portfolio differentiative from competitors.
You will be reporting to Global Building Solutions Generations Manager.
- Focusing around designing a solution that is as optimized, modularized, reusable as possible, ensuring the design is flexible and providing inputs in discussions regarding technology contents for current and future portfolio based on a solid understanding of the company technology and competitors' state-of-art.
- Guiding on the effective use of solutions and architectures to achieve business outcomes in line with business targets , collaborating with stakeholders to understand business goals and supporting delivery outcomes.
- Consistently identifying customer value, translating it into solutions proposition, supporting the solution generation leader in preparing strategic plans, devising processes and methods required to execute the strategy.
- Supporting the team in increasing organizational capabilities to perform a set of tasks that contribute relationally to customer-perceived value in solutions sales practice over the territories.
- Preparing solution contents, literatures, publications to support the adoption of the solutions at all different levels, coordinating the efforts of division architects, global marketing, product management, regularly writing and reviewing white papers, presenting and lecturing at internal or external events.
- Supporting the handover process to the field resources with deep solutions advice, supporting the field execution for new solutions , proactively seeking to improve operations and customer satisfaction for solutions by using the feedback from customers and markets.
- Supporting filed pilots and beta-versions tests, constantly monitoring the quality level, customer acceptance, compliances and attending launch-force-teams for developing customers in the various regions and countries.
- Managing the lifecycle of a portion of the building solutions portfolio, responsible for maintaining, updating the offering and managing the preparation of the solution under its radar using the gate-model framework agreed with all the relevant functions involved in the solution development.
- Acting as mentor and coach to secure knowledge transfer and technical readiness of solutions specialists at field level and providing advice to colleagues and customers on advanced solutions topics.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA level an advantage) in engineering (preferably a focus on control and automation, electronics, or energy) or ICT (Software/ IoT, Cloud) and/or design of new digital biz models.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the building solutions industry, preferably in the role of designing and implementing solutions for segment applications.
- Proven ability to translate customer requirements into actionable solutions for building automated control system, building automation technologies and building energy efficiency and management systems.
- Relevant and demonstrable experience with the ultimate building technologies, building and home automation (lighting, shading, DES, ACCESS control, Security, HVAC, SCADA, AI), self-learning control systems for ambient intelligence (model-based controls, smart/integrated building applications, prediction algorithms, ubiquitous spaces …) and automated energy distribution.
- Experience in digital business models (XaaS, subscription, free-and-sharing- access-over-ownership, ecosystem, on-demand, freemium) and digital platforms.
- Knowledge in solutions with cutting edge architectures for automated power distribution (MV and LV systems, renewables, battery BESS, sub-distribution, energy management platforms …) for building applications.
- Proficiency with solution technologies in a secure network, cloud environment (IT, KNX, DALI, MODBUS, BACNET, IEC 61850, ABB- Ability, C2C) and experience with software and hardware partnering, in addition to solutions testing.
- English language written and spoken (other languages could be an advantage).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Corporate Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time