Global HSE/SA Investigation, Human Factors and Learning Manager
TBD, Global (HQ)
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Industrial Automation (IA) is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy efficient operations.
You will be working as Investigation, Human Factors and Learning Manager for Industrial Automation Business Area and will be reporting to the IA HSE Program Manager. You will be at the forefront of shaping processes and communications which will be unlocking IA’s potential to become a world-class learning organization. You will be developing the competence of lead investigators across all IA Divisions ensuring that ABB’s investigation methodologies are applied as intended and enable discovery of our true underlying organizational weaknesses. You will also be responsible for the development and global implementation of a robust communication methodology for sharing targeted learning and inspiring action from our responsible managers throughout all levels of the organization.
- Developing and implementing proven behavioral and employee awareness programs such as SafeStart to include within our risk management toolkit in improving safety culture.
- Supporting the continual development and delivery of investigation training’s, enabling a high level of competence related to investigations and learning throughout organization.
- Contributing to the identification of root causes for IA’s active major investigations as well as support the development of SMART corrective actions aligning with existing IA programs and initiatives where possible.
- Developing an improved approach towards incident notification and communication of learning and designing methods of inspiring responsible managers to accept findings and inspire corrective action resolution.
- Developing a strategic approach to incident learning for stopping the cycle of repeat events based on findings of a thorough analysis of trends and repeating root causes arising from incidents.
- Introducing the concepts of “Behavioral safety” and “Human Factors” by upskilling the Health Safety Environment (HSE) Community and developing and integrating suitable programs within each IA Division.
- Initiating and contributing to external benchmarking programs related to learning from incidents and human factors ensuring IA continues to push the boundaries of becoming a world-class learning organization.
- Working with external root cause analysis software suppliers for securing effective and efficient software for IA Lead Investigators, as well as developing efficient means of exporting root cause analysis data directly into ABB’s Management Information System.
- Interacting with the internal stakeholder which includes 5 Industrial Automation divisions, IA HSE Country representatives and other IA program managers.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Degree or equivalent in a Safety related qualification.
- 10+ years leading organization in Health Safety and Environment.
- Membership of Safety professional body.
- Proven experience of implementing a learning organization with respect to incidents and other learning opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a thorough root cause analysis using industry leading human factor-based root cause analysis methodologies.
- Experience of leading organization through change program.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Fluent in English, other languages are an added advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.