Global Product Manager, Software and Licensing
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business area is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
You will be working as Global Product Manager for Software and Licensing and will be reporting directly to the Head of Product Management. You will be owning the commercial aspects of the ABB Robotics software portfolio. Today this software is comprised of embedded software, dedicated applications, add-ins, specialist function packages as well as Software Development Kit (SDK’s), websites and developer tooling. Your goal will be towards improving software sales, margin, adoption user journey across the board and reshaping the software options portfolio to scale efficiently.
- Analyzing in detail the current customer segmentation as well as the status of the portfolio from a process and financial perspective and proposing concrete steps to optimize our setup.
- Evaluating success on improvement of financials, growth of adoption rates and synergies obtained by standardizing processes and back end platforms.
- Being the counterpart and partnering to existing product managers owning the different components of our portfolio to achieve our goals.
- Acting as a bridge between product managers and sales, marketing and technical teams.
- Developing and pushing a strong vision on business model innovations, product structuring / bundling, digitalization of legacy tools or any other items you deem critical (training, messaging, timelines, events etc.).
- Driving the proposed changes concretely in all the relevant projects, acting as a true partner for those teams and following up with all stakeholders until change is effectively delivered and scaled in our markets.
- Ensuring the long-term profitable growth and marketing of ABB’s application software offering to the market across all segments.
- Direct ownership of robotics embedded software portfolio as well as global, industry generic application software and continuous, data-driven evaluation of the software portfolio.
- Ensuring customer segmentation and software pricing strategy having ownership and standardization of software license and deployment mechanisms.
- Close collaboration with all robotics division and global solution centers for aligning industry specific application software with global software strategy and standards.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Advanced degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Management or equivalent.
- 5-8 or more years of professional experience in software technologies and trends is a must.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience in shaping a software portfolio to generate customer engagement and revenue increase.
- Demonstrated experience in Software delivery at scale.
- Flawless analytical skills and a habit of looking at business metrics and identifying opportunities to improve these.
- Very comfortable in changing and complex international environments and thinking big and outside the box.
- Actively enjoys working with multiple stakeholders and dealing with uncertainty.
- Capacity to dive into details and proven expertise to execute on strategies at an operational level.
- Excellent English language level both oral and written is a must have, additional language skills e.g. Swedish, German, Chinese, etc. are a plus.
- Must be flexible to travel(upto30%).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.