Lead Counsel Antibribery/Anticorruption and Human Rights Compliance
Zurich, Generic, Global (HQ)
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In this role you will be providing leadership for the ABB Integrity & Regulatory Affairs team for ensuring effective design, implementation and testing of Antibribery, Anticorruption (ABC) and Human Rights (HuRi) compliance controls across the ABB business, the latter in coordination with the Sustainability team.
You will be responsible for advising and counselling the Business Area and Division trade compliance network. You will also be responsible for advising and counselling the Legal & Integrity Business Area and Sustainability teams on all ABC and HuRi enforcement matters.
You will be reporting to Head of Trade, ABC & Human Rights Compliance.
- Ensuring the accurate provision of advising and counselling the ABB businesses regarding all aspects of ABC and HuRi laws and regulations, under the leadership and supervision of the Head of Trade, ABC and Human Rights Compliance.
- Leading the creation of all policies, procedures, guidance and training needed by the Business Area, Division and sustainability professionals.
- Managing the Legal & Integrity relationship with the Business Area and Division legal counsels and sustainability teammates.
- Designing all associated policies and procedures in collaboration with Legal & Integrity and sustainability teams to ensure ABB has “best in class” processes.
- Providing expertise, guidance and leadership, with the support of Group Head of Trade, ABC and Human Rights Compliance, regarding global ABC and HuRi laws while monitoring new legal developments in this area across the totality of ABB’s operational footprint.
- Preparing annual budget for the function and is accountable for its execution and achievement, monitoring specific function related costs across the Countries/Regions/Group.
- Working for designing a monitoring program to test Business Area and Division compliance with the requirements of the Legal & Integrity and Sustainability ABC and HuRi programs.
- Conducting regular briefings of the status of ABC and HuRi compliance efforts, any non-compliance events and similar updates to defined stakeholders as agreed by the Head of the function and Sustainability.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- US Law Degree or European Master of Law or equivalent required.
- Formal training in Legal & Integrity with emphasis on high-risk jurisdictions, working on counseling businesses on ABC risk.
- 5+ years of in-house legal and/or compliance practice experience with responsibility managing high-risk counseling matters.
- Experience managing a multijurisdictional team across cultures and time zones with an emphasis on inclusion.
- Excellent matter management and communication skills.
- Fluency in English required; other languages desired.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Corporate Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.