IA Regional Procurement Leader Europe - Indirect Materials and Services (IM&S)
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Industrial Automation (IA) is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy efficient operations.
As an IA Regional Procurement Leader Europe - Indirect Materials and Services (IM&S), you will be responsible for creating the IM&S operating platform in terms of team, processes and tools as part of the IA IM&S setup for meeting divisions target in the Industrial Automation Business Area. You will be responsible for continuously challenging the existing practices and developing further the team and way of working towards the best fit for purpose for Divisions/ BA. You will also be helping for setting strategic SCM direction and driving operational performance for all divisions (IM&S) either directly by own direct team members or indirectly in collaboration with other regional business areas (BA) IM&S teams.
- Creating IM&S Operating platform in Europe for meeting divisions targets in Industrial Automation business area and providing regional leadership.
- Challenging existing practices and continuously developing IA IM&S procurement strategy for having the best fit for purpose for our divisions or countries.
- Responsible for strategy 2025, flight plan and actions follow up with global and local teams along with meeting and exceeding KPIs set for IM&S overall and categories ((EBITA) relevant cost reductions, service speed, availability etc.).
- Ensuring EBITA relevant target setting and result delivery across all indirect spend and leading IM&S business partner teams in IA led countries.
- Having ownership for the shared spend across Europe – IS, Travel, Services that belongs to IA and driving accountability with the lead BA – procurement teams for these categories.
- Developing or automating processes and tools, analytics, KPIs and dashboards together with tools & process development teams.
- Driving the right compliance behavior/ process for IMS procurement and sharing best practices globally inside of SCM, IM&S teams.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree Master of Science in Engineering or Economics.
- Minimum 7 years of experience of many kinds of different competency areas especially in Indirect Materials and Services and Supply Chain Management.
- Experience in sourcing, category management, purchasing, logistics, tools & processes development, supplier quality development, change management, problem solving, cross-functional collaboration, operations, commercial and technical know-how, L6S etc.
- Excellent leadership skills and collaboration between different businesses.
- Fluent and collaborative with wide network of suppliers, internal or external customers, local divisions, country mgmt., CFOs.
- Patient, stress tolerant and persistent continuous developer, Pro-active, independent and can make decisions and carry the responsibility.
- Cultural awareness, good communication and negotiation skills, good argumentation and ability to convince and sell.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Corporate Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.