Global Product Specialist - Analytics
TBD, Global (HQ)
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated in creating a future where innovative digital technologies are having every day more importance. You will be responsible in optimizing the product portfolio of Smart Solution, taking care of the analytics definition needed to ensure the global leadership of Motion Services and undisputed customer value. You will be ensuring that ABB has a full understanding of market requirements in the specific area and will be transforming these requirements into feature specifications.
You will be reporting and supporting the Global Portfolio Manager.
- Leading market intelligence analysis. Identifying potential gaps in portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunity.
- Creating and driving analytics roadmap in collaboration with R&D Analytics team, Smart Lab team and Dev. Teaming Tokenize the requirements in epics as defined by the agile methodology. Providing market requirement specification – MRS, which defines the expected value from customer perspective.
- Managing and driving the strategy of the API Platform (Cloud Interface) and Power BI Connector and ensuring time-to-market of the new features. Supporting the creation of data science tools (i.e. trainings, e-learning). Ensuring time-to-market of the new features.
- Leading life cycle management process, analyzing current product, defining and tracking performance metrics, planning appropriate measures (e.g. enhancements, cost reductions, phase-outs) and making decisions on products obsolescence and end-of life to ensuring current and future market requirements are met and maximizing profitability.
- Ensuring technical solutions can be used across the service portfolio as far as possible. Supporting data scientists as domain specific expert for the creation of new algorithms. Working in team within product managers bulk that owns the different components of the product portfolio.
- Defining plans, sets technical, price, cost targets. Contributing to development of new portfolios by leading value analysis, planning the roadmap to create maximum value, following-up of product portfolio performance.
- Prioritizing new development with responsibility for achievement of targets (product characteristics, time, costs, pay-back) and coordinating cross-functional teams. Owning and approving defined product development process stage gates.
- Preparing product market communication materials, including support for new service launches. Clarifying service positioning within the portfolio, with defined values per service line to address different segment needs.
- Ensuring transparency around change requests, unforeseen results/events and identified risks and ensuring that they are properly managed and communicated. Ensuring the project compliance with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Background on statistics, mathematics, business administration or computer science, informatics and computer engineering with at least 2 years’ experience
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Furthermore, a high level of intercultural sensitivity and the ability to build sustainable relationships with clients and internal stakeholder is required.
More about us
Interested in joining our team in this role? If so, we look forward to receiving your application via our online careers tool. Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English – documents in other languages will not be reviewed.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.