Global Application Owner
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our pioneering drives, motors, generators and integrated digital powertrain solutions are driving the low-carbon future for industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation. Through our global presence we are always close to our customers. We help them optimize energy efficiency, improve safety and reliability and achieve precise control.
If you are looking for big, global challenges, Global Motion Services Application team is the place to come! To help us work more efficiently, you need to understand the power and potential of information technology. If you have the energy, discipline, ability to think strategically and find solutions to complex problems, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with talented people all over the world.
As Application Owner within the Global Motion Services Application team, you will work in a high-paced, international environment, shaping our future application portfolio landscape with great focus on deployment, application usage & coverage of our end-to-end business processes. You will be accountable for application lifecycle management including business needs definition, application planning, deployment and continuous improvement.
- Managing and evaluating changes needed in end-to-end business processes and impact on application landscape
- Taking accountability for application planning, deployment and continuous improvement
- Developing and maintaining the roadmap of the application
- Serving as a liaison between Global Motion Services Application team, IS organization and key application stakeholders to drive more application business value and adoption
- Managing multiple stakeholder relationships by prioritizing the demand pipeline, and understanding and negotiate stakeholder needs and expectations
- Creating and maintaining project schedules by developing project plans, estimating deliverable times and resources
- Defining and delivering the actions needed to improve the quality of the service and keeping it aligned with the business needs
- Supporting application budget planning and execution
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field is required with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a manager of custom applications supporting various business processes.
- Small cross functional project team leadership experience, including ability to manage contractor resources.
- Experience of managing global application/services or implementation projects.
- Strong leadership/project management competencies are required with demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skill as are needed with ability to ask good questions and translate complex ideas into simple language for non-technical stakeholders.
- A “zoom-in zoom-out” approach in identifying the best solution, always ensuring that the steps taken are coherent with the division strategy and vision.
- Must have a Dev Ops mindset with desire to learn and adapt to new technological trends & emerging technologies. Scrum or general Agile knowledge and working experience as a plus.
- Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken).
More about us
Interested in joining our team in this role? If so, we look forward to receiving your application via our online careers tool. Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English – documents in other languages will not be reviewed.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.