Senior Investor Relations Officer
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be responsible for strategic management of responsibility that integrates finance, communication, marketing and securities law compliance to enable the most effective two-way communication between a company, the financial community, and other constituencies, which ultimately contributes to a company's securities achieving fair valuation.
You will be playing a key role in the development and implementation of ABB’s investor relations strategy, having a proven skill set and track record in one or more of the key competence areas, is a reliable and valued resource for both internal and external stakeholders (including senior management and key shareholders), and demonstrates leadership within the IR team and the rest of the ABB organization.
This role reports to Group Function Head Investor Relations and is graded as 8.
- Acting as a primary contact for external inquiries from the financial community, providing accurate and timely information in order to build confidence and trust in the company.
- Developing and managing long-term relationships with institutional investors and analysts with the aim of educating them about ABB’s business, strategy and financial performance, developing a high level of trust and credibility, and establishing two-way communications that enables timely feedback from the market to ABB management.
- Developing strategic content and building presentations with a clear message meeting executive demands of ABB top management team and the global financial community.
- Supporting the Head of the function in the identification of strategic long-term shareholders.
- Developing and maintaining the ABB Equity Story in conjunction with the senior management team (Executive Committee) as well as other relevant Group Functions and business units.
- Supporting the Function Head and the Group Function Legal and Compliance in ensuring that the company fulfills its legal and regulatory requirements regarding open, fair and timely disclosure.
- Supporting and coordinating activities with other parts of the ABB organization when it comes to the internal or external communication of financial or stock market-related information (e.g., press releases, internal management meetings, Board meetings).
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree or equivalent education.
- At least 10 years of work experience in Investor Relations or a related field (eg. financial PR, or financial communications).
- Good financial background combined with sound understanding of underlying business activities.
- Strong people, social and relationship skills.
- Absolute integrity and trustworthiness to manage highly sensitive non-public information.
- Expert skills in written and spoken English
More about us
Interested in joining our team in this role? If so, we look forward to receiving your application via our online careers tool. Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English – documents in other languages will not be reviewed.
HQ Talent Acquisition team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.