M&A strategy manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
You will be supporting RA, division and business line management in defining and executing an impactful acquisition strategy to accelerate profitable growth.
This role will report to RA Strategy and Portfolio Development Manager.
- Acquisition strategy: Working with RA, division and business line management to identify areas for acquisitions, in line with defined strategy. Aligning acquisition strategy with partner/eco-system strategy.
- Acquisition pipeline: Screening for potential acquisition targets in line with defined acquisition strategy, prioritize targets together with business management, developing and maintaining acquisition target pipeline.
- Acquisition projects: Leading strategic and business analyses of acquisition projects. Supporting business management in development of strategic rationale and business plan development. Preparing integration approaches. Coordinating overall acquisition project with other relevant functions, esp. GFMA.
- Strategy development: Contributing to RA strategy development.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Good understanding of relevant markets, customers, technology and competition.
- Deep knowledge of positioning, strategy and offering of RA and its divisions and business lines.
- Strategic thinking – supported by facts and analyses.
- Strong in analyses and structured thinking, including business modelling
- Project management – incl. ability to lead teams of senior managers.
- Clear communication in internal and external discussions and presentations and International experience.
- University degree and several years of job experience in related areas
- Profound financial and M&A transaction knowledge.
More about us
Interested in joining our team in this role? If so, we look forward to receiving your application via our online careers tool. Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English – documents in other languages will not be reviewed.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.