Regional General Counsel EMEA - Robotics and Discrete Automation
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Robotics and Discrete Automation is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and automation. Our integrated automation solutions, our application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
In this role you will be providing legal support to the ABB Robotics and Discrete Automation (RA) Business Area in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The regional General Counsel EMEA for the RA Business Area will report to the Global General Counsel for Robotics and Discrete Automation.
- Managing the Robotics and Discrete Automation Legal & Integrity team in the EMEA region, including resources and budget management, for ensuring the day-to-day legal and integrity operations, all in close coordination with the Division Lead Counsel and under the leadership of the Global General Counsel for Robotics and Discrete Automation.
- Supporting the strategy of the RA Business Area business and leadership on relevant business opportunities and ongoing matters in the region.
- Providing and ensuring that day-to-day legal advice and support is provided on a wide variety of RA Business Area-related legal matters, including supporting sales, commercial operations, project management, global supply chain, manufacturing and field operations.
- Providing legal advice on strategic alliances, selection of business partners, joint ventures and other organic and inorganic growth and commercialization opportunities.
- Ensuring proper management and close coordination in all litigation and M&A initiatives in the region.
- Supporting the RA business, sites in the EMEA region and other members of the Legal & Integrity team on a variety of related issues.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Legal degree from accredited law school with a demonstrable superior academic record and law firm training.
- Admission to a US state or EU member country bar, or global equivalent. Significant legal post-qualification experience or equivalent in an internationally recognized law firm or multinational company.
- Substantial “hands-on” experience in drafting international commercial agreements (including but not limited to distribution agreements, Joint Venture and consortium agreement, software licensing agreement, technology transfers agreement, joint development agreement) and complex transaction agreements.
- Substantial “hands-on” experience in drafting and negotiating complex EPC or construction agreements.
- Substantial experience in the software, technology and digital sector, and related intellectual property aspects.
- Substantial experience and success in working and negotiating with international parties, including government authorities and enforcement agencies.
- Demonstrable regulatory or administrative law experience, preferably antitrust, as well as experience dealing with both common law and civil law issues.
- Experience in managing litigation, arbitration and mediation.
- Experience in cross border M&A transactions.
- Demonstrable fluency in English and preferably one additional language from the region, including ability to draft and negotiate legal and commercial documents in English and other language(s) from the EMEA region.
- Strong command of international commercial and corporation law, including working knowledge of the key international conventions as well as public procurement and antitrust law.
- Relevant work permit.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Corporate Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.