IS Solution Architect for P&L Domain
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
"If you are looking for big, global challenges, IS is the place to come.
ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. To help us work more efficiently, you need to understand the power and potential of information technology. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with talented people all over the world."
ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. In such global company with leading digital technology, you can fully utilize your skills and grow your career horizons with the talented team.
You will be part of Common Domain team responsible for applying broad IS technology knowledge and expertise to achieve efficient and transparent Information System architecture excellence.
- Owning, managing, and developing the solution architecture of the Common Procurement and Logistics Domain in collaboration with cross business Architects, corporate enterprise architecture team.
- Engaging in requirement engineering to decide which requirements are covered by available standard functionalities, for which functionalities enhancements are needed and aligned with architecture guidelines
- Defining the technical requirements of the solution and ensure alignment with other modules and surrounding / integrated applications and solutions (ERPs & Interfaces)
- Designing and developing the architecture of P&L applications according to technology roadmap and architecture guidelines
- Cooperating with the Developers and Testers to ensure the solutions are being developed according to ABB strategy and P&L technology roadmap
- Documenting technical architecture of newly created applications or changes of existing ones
- Cooperating with Functional Analysts to identify requirements impacting technical architecture of applications
- Getting involved in DevOps process implementation for in-house developed applications
- Keeping knowledge up to date regarding new and emerging IS technology and IS industry practices, bringing learning into ABB; all within in the scope of the relevant IS solutions.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master degree in Computer Science or related field.
- IT Professional with 5 years+ experience in the Procurement and Logistics area, demonstrated with successful implementation of large and advanced application.
- Working with many technologies required to build and support/maintain complex solutions with multiple integration points and dependencies.
- Understanding of application frameworks, database technologies, interfaces and security.
- Knowledge of SAP would be preferred.
- Understanding of ITGC controls is a plus.
- Professional English (written and spoken).
- Service-mindedness with good organizational, time management and decision-making skills. Availability to work with many different stakeholders and in multinational environment.
More about us
Interested in joining our team in this role? If so, we look forward to receiving your application via our online careers tool. Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English – documents in other languages will not be reviewed.
HQ Talent Acquisition team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.