Area Sales Manager Northern Europe, Electrification Smart Buildings
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in the buildings of the future, through sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose. In this role you will be driving the sales performance of Energy Distribution Systems and Products in Division Smart Buildings. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager Smart Buildings GMS Europe, you will lead and coach European Local Sales Organizations (Northern Europe mainly) and third-party customers to meet ambitious targets and exceed customer expectations.
This position has a global grade 11.
- Supporting the Sales team and customers throughout the sales process, while developing new and existing business by increasing internal and external knowledge of products and markets, being first contact partner to related product marketing teams of Local Sales Organizations.
- Participating in sales strategy discussions, assigning short- and long-term goals and negotiating the various Product Group sales budgets and marketing plans.
- Identifying customer needs and competitor offers through market analysis, ensuring efficient marketing actions and communications demonstrate the value proposition of the products and solutions.
- Performing sales performance reviews, proposing recovery plans in cases of potential order shortfalls and providing regular sales activity reports to assist in production planning. Invent and support special sales actions jointly with Local Sales Organizations.
- Realize trainings and promotions for customer groups, both virtually and during factory visits, arranging and conducting related customer programs, promoting ELSB(Electrification Smart Buildings) solutions during (virtual) fairs, ability to travel to allocated countries.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor or master’s degree in industrial engineering / management.
- More than 5 years of experience in sales management, working as sales engineer.
- Advanced knowledge of configuration tools, digital promotion and communication tools.
- Sound knowledge of electrical installation market and the professional electrical distribution.
- English fluently both in written and spoken, further European/Nordic languages welcome.
- Experience in promotion of major B2B brands and business development or account management.
- Understanding of contract negotiation, risk management and commercial and legal terms.
- Exceptional communication and negotiating skills, customer-focused mindset and a professional, “can-do” attitude.
- A plus would be Nordics market knowledge.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Global Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.