Service Engineer Medium Voltage
Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager you will be based in the ABB Dublin office. Duties will include Installation, commissioning, maintenance & repair services of the ABB LV & MV product portfolio across various customer sites in Ireland.
- Performs medium to high complex Service tasks like installation, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, repair independently, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, extensions, replacements, upgrades and retrofit, end of life service etc.).
- Ensures customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer order and expectation. Creates and maintains a good relationship with customers and understands their needs. Identifies new sales opportunities and takes influence in convincing the client for the complete service portfolio.
- Coordinates, prepares and ensures that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities. Prepares standard lists for ease of work.
- Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed. Create standards or job durations.
- Proactively identifies potential equipment failures and proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots complex equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Proactively identifies suggestions for product, quality and customer service improvement and discusses them with management for changes.
- Actively ensures that HSE practices are of high standard. Works to eliminate unsafe practices and incidents.
- Qualified Electrician with at least 2 years’ experience in LV/MV
- Knowledge of the ABB and third-Party LV & MV Product portfolios
- Experience in testing and commissioning of ABB or 3rd party LV & MV Equipment
- Good working knowledge of MV protection relays.
- Strong background in Service & Maintenance
- Excellent organizational and co-ordination skills with the ability to prioritize and manage peaks in workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with ABB employees in a professional manner, both in person and via telephone, and a strong focus on managing customer relationships
- Excellent Information Technology skills (inc. knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel)
- Clean full driving licence
- Fluent written & spoken English
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.