Faridabad, Haryana, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Power Grids Division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
Power Grids offers its solutions through four business units that are grid automation and grid integration, high-voltage products and transformers. We are close to 3500+ employees in PG division.
As a Quality Specialist you will be responsible for following activities:
In this position You will report to the HUB quality Manager.
•HBU Quality Systems & Continuous Improvement Leader is the owner of the unit’s management system and is accountable for ensuring compliance with relevant standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 5001, OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001, as well as customer and ABB demands. Furthermore, you will be responsible for securing an effective way of working and to provide necessary support to managers, projects, and supply, in order to secure quality through the whole value chain.
Additionally, at local and HUB level, you will serve as a change agent within the Hub BU/HUB leadership team as well as within the Global PG Continuous Improvement function.
•Continually challenges conventional thinking and drive accountability for Hub operational results including lead time, inventory, cost etc.
•Teaches continues improvement thinking & leads many Kaizen events annually.
•Coaches & mentors Continuous Improvement Leaders and Quality Leaders across the Hub.
• B.E or an equivalent discipline 7+ years of experience in areas such as project management, , engineering, materials management, quality and process improvements.
• Six Sigma Certified Black Belt.
• Clearly understands success factors, market requirements, threats and opportunities of supported business and markets.
• Able to efficiently multi-task initiatives such as trainings, kaizens, follow up activities, reports etc.
• Understands how to use process and organizational maturity assessments in a business / facility / site to prioritize improvement actions.
• Able to effectively lead kaizen events to support business needs.
• Effective communicator at various levels of the organization (from business leadership to employees on factory floor).
• Project Management skills - Meets deadlines, follows up and escalates late actions, closes gaps before they become a problem. Provides updates to site leader on weekly basis on progress. Must be able to develop training plans for the site and ensure 100% sustainment of all items.
• Strong problem solving skills will be an ideal fit.
More about us
For further information please visit career site - http://new.abb.com/careers
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.