Senior Software Engineer - Testing
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL) is a company which has 5 functions to support ABB projects globally. We have 2000 employees as a part of this company serving in the areas of Research, Development, Engineering center and Regional ERP support center which contributes to ABB's 5 divisions globally. In 2015 the company name was registered as ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL).
As a Senior Software Engineer - Testing, you will be responsible for below activities:
• Participate in product requirement workshop to understand the product development requirements and performs testing activities on system/product projects, including test design, test execution, test reports with analysis of the issues / defects .ding and unit testing of software modules in line with the quality management system.
• Creating the Test specifications and Test Cases for various scenarios based on independent understanding of the Product and System to meet the functional design specifications.
• Creates and executes the functional, product, system level test descriptions for the scope of feature being executed. Log defects with clear reproduction steps and initial analysis of the product / system behavior.
• Develop build scripts and scripts for test automation in order to have continuous automated tests.
• B.Tech in engineering with 4-5 years experience in testing of Embedded systems / products with good understanding of software development life cycle process and tools
• Good Proficiency in testing / commissioning of Embedded systems/products such as Drives, PLCs, SCADA, DCS systems for Industrial applications
• Good knowledge of Networking withTCP IP settings
• Testing of Industrial protocols such as Profibus, ModbusTCP, IEC61850, CAN based protocols. Experience in developing test applications using functional block diagrams on Codesys or any engineering tool would be an added advantage
• Experience with test automation / build automation scripting
More about us
For more details, please visit https://new.abb.com/indian-subcontinent/careers
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”