Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Robotics and Motion Division beyond the momentum of the markets – achieving our full potential for profitable growth in industrial automation, power, and transportation and infrastructure. RM’s markets size are around $150 billion and expected growth of an additional $40 billion by 2020, providing us with a healthy market space to grow. The product ranges from Robots, Motors & Drives.
RM business units (BU) have developed a portfolio of strategic initiatives that balance our execution risk and speed to grow. Our BU’s are working with the countries and regions to develop meaningful, measurable, and coordinated plans for implementation.
As a Proposal Manager for Robotics and Motion Division you will be responsible for
• Formulates competitive bids/estimates/quotations, taking into account best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensures tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
• Manages the preparation of all technical (e.g. defining the most suitable technology and product types, financial (e.g. total price sheet, cash flow analysis) and if necessary project management (e.g. quantifies hours of engineering and commissioning) aspects of the bid/estimates/quotations, indicating prices and trading conditions.
• In accordance with bid/estimates/quotation planning, ensures that inputs for editing activities are provided on time and according to established quality procedures. Mangers external services to support bid/estimation preparation such as translations and government approvals.
• Collects and archives documentation regarding the offer/order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process. Regularly report the status of the bid/estimates/quotations using defined tools and collects and analyses the reasons for the tenders being lost and won.
• Identifies potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. Provides information and participates in Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy.
• Responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare proposal including both technical and cost elements.
• Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Provides any necessary technical support to sales Managers during technical meetings with customers.
• Identifies potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering.
• 7 to 10 years of relevant experience as a Proposal Manager.
• Knowledge on Tenders, bidding, costing etc
More about us
For more details, please visit
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.