Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Power Grids Division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
Power Grids offers its solutions through four business units that are grid automation and grid integration, high-voltage products and transformers. We are close to 3500+ employees in PG division.
• Propose technical solutions and works on consulting assignments, using established standards, methods and technologies, to develop solutions and resolve issues.
• Propose engineering solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
• Actively seek feedback for improvement.
• Lead sales activities to win consulting assignments from 50 to 250 hours.
• Negotiate directly with the responsible persons at customer.
• Work with contract management activities (invoicing and work in progress, etc.) in one’s area of work.
• Ensure delivery of assignments as per the agreed contract.
• Follow work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility.
• Ensure quality timely implementation within targeted cost.
• Conduct risk and opportunity assessments for consulting assignments.
• Propose and initiates actions to mitigate and control risks in one’s area of responsibility.
• Build network internally and externally for exchange of information.
• Provide support and technical advice to colleagues.
• Apply standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility.
• Ensure that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual clauses.
• Report inefficiencies in processes and tools.
• Contribute to achieve agreed business financial targets for a technology, business area or consulting team.
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Degree in M.E/M.Tech in electrical engineering.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Field Sales.
• Analytical strength, affinity to figures and IT-solutions.
• Understanding the business, industry and products.
• Should have Sales & Marketing experience combined with commercial operations knowledge.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
• Additional languages are of advantage.
• Deep knowledge of BU Transformers, its portfolio, market and infrastructure.
More about us
For further information please visit career site - http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”