IS Software Developer
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Power Grids Division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
Power Grids offers its solutions through four business units that are grid automation and grid integration, high-voltage products and transformers. We are close to 3500+ employees in PG division.
• Work on consulting assignments analyzing information and building information data base creation using established standards, methods and technologies.
• Propose solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
• Actively seek feedback for improvement.
• Ensure projects follow sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with internal standard procedures.
• Ensure that an integrated schedule and cost control performance measurement process for the project’s entire scope of work is provided.
• Analyze project requirements with project team, checks that all essential work activities have been identified in sufficient detail to serve as a basis for developing realistic project schedules.
• Monitor project progress and regularly analyzes project critical paths to ensure all critical path activities and project milestones are progressed to the plan, notifies any deviations or scheduling issues, and provides input for optimizing.
• Issue progress reports, program updates and productivity data on a regular basis and as requested by customers and stakeholders.
• Work with project team to identify and assess the priority of project risks (e.g. schedule, cost and scope risks), maintains the risk register and proposes mitigation plans. Analyzes impact of risk on the overall timeline and costs.
• Participate in project reviews. Composes reports and updates all required project data in Project Control systems and SAP for Management Information and Project Analysis.
• Communicate project progress and control issues to project management team and offers solutions.
• Develop and applies standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility.
• Support the installation, management, maintenance, and optimization of internal and cross-functional processes related to Power Consulting services.
• Ensure that consulting activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual clauses.
• Report inefficiencies.
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Energy Engineering, Economics, Physicist or Mathematics with master’s degree Energy.
• Minimum 3 to 6 years of relevant experience preferably in international domain
• Knowledge/understanding/experience in Energy sector, Regulatory bodies, Energy utilities, E-mobility and storage experts.
• Understanding on skills such as Time management and Critical thinking.
More about us
For further information please visit career site - http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.