Principal Technical Consultant
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Power Grids Division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
Power Grids offers its solutions through four business units that are grid automation and grid integration, high-voltage products and transformers. We are close to 3500+ employees in PG division.
• Oversee or delivers major assignments.
• Approve assignment tasks carried out by others.
• Recognize internally and externally as an expert in chosen field and responsible for defining best practice.
• Take a lead role to align all of the consulting services to meet the customer's need
• Customer and sales Makes contacts at senior level (e.g. Technical Director), gains entry to client organizations and develops long term relationships with key clients.
• Coach clients to articulate opportunities and develop solutions, bringing leading edge technologies and processes to deliver customer benefit.
• Maintain awareness of consulting and business area target sectors and current and future needs of existing and new customers.
• Negotiate contracts which meet customer objectives and business targets and which
win work at target fee rates for self and team.
• Contract management accountable for contract performance for work in own area of responsibility managing assignment team fee rate and utilization to deliver the agreed contribution.
• May also be a contract manager accountable for invoicing, work in progress.
• Create work plans and cost estimates for work of the assignment teams and proactively manages this work to deliver the assignments on time, on quality and at financial targets (income and margin).
• Establish a risk management strategy for the consulting assignments and ensure actions taken to mitigate and control risks.
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Master's Degree in M.E/M.Tech in electrical engineering.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge/understanding/experience on Grid Integration.
More about us
For further information please visit career site - http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.