Associate R&D Engineer
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Power Grids Division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
Power Grids offers its solutions through four business units that are grid automation and grid integration, high-voltage products and transformers. We are close to 3500+ employees in PG division.
• Perform basic mechanical calculations like static, dynamic simulations in Ansys, Adams.
• Prepare drawing, tolerance calculation, and 3-D CAD design.
• Test object preparation, test document preparation, co-ordination with laboratory.
• Perform various test duties like seismic, mechanical endurance, temperature rise, short circuit testing etc.
• Should have knowledge on manufacturing technologies, material knowledge, surface treatment
• Collaboration with local and global R&D team, good communication skills and experience on various technical document preparation.
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Bachler’s degree in B.Tech./M.Tech. Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Design, development & testing of Switchgears.
• Basic knowledge of electrical functionality of switchgear products.
• Basic knowledge of IEC standards and type testing of switchgear products.
• Hands-on experience in FEA tools.
• Hands-on experience of 3D model/PLM tool like Creo 2.0, PDM Link and SAP.
• Hands-on experience of drawing, BOM, GD&T.
• Manufacturing knowledge (casting, machining, sheet metal etc).
More about us
For further information please visit career site - http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”