Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Power Grids Division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers
Power Grids offers its solutions through four business units that are grid automation and grid integration, high-voltage products and transformers. We are close to 3500+ employees in PG division.
• Design and development of HV Disconnector.
• Design and Development of disconnector drive.
• Product Engineering (Testing/Qualifications, Design and Documentation Management, Project Plans/Proposal, Technical communications, Prototype development).
• Identify Opportunities, Product Gaps, Competition, Cost/Price Analysis.
• Identify, prioritize, decide & drive the Projects for Localization & New Developments.
• Use of six sigma tools like QFD / DOE/ FMEA in the projects.
• Coordination with cross functional team .
• Identify potential issues / perform detailed analysis to determine failure root cause, and implement appropriate solutions.
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Bachelor's degree in B.E/M.E in mechanical engineering.
• Minimum 5 to 12 years of experience in Product Design & development.
• In-depth knowledge in design & development of HV Disconnector.
• Product life cycle management experience.
• Working knowledge of IEC standards and type testing.
• Working knowledge of analytical calculations using FEA tools
• Working knowledge of six sigma tools like QFD / DOE/ FMEA etc. Preferable to have yellow/green six sigma belt.
• Exposure to use of 3D modelling tools like Creo, & PDM etc.
• Manufacturing knowledge (casting, machining, sheet metal & plastic parts etc).
• Knowledge of Material and standards.
• Innovative thinking, holding any patents will be an added advantage.
More about us
For further information please visit career site - http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.