R&D Team Manager
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Power Grids Division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
Power Grids offers its solutions through four business units that are grid automation and grid integration, high-voltage products and transformers. We are close to 3500+ employees in PG division.
• Contribute to the Technology Center (TC) and Product Group/Line strategy by supporting respective TC and Technology manager.
• Technical guidance to the team on design and development.
• Project/work package/activity reviews, approve changes based on change impact analysis.
• Approving the release of deliverables, monitor and review the project expenses to ensure adherence to the budget, gate assessment.
• Quality assessment, adherence and quality improvement by L6S.
• Process adherence for product maintenance.
• Resource allocation and optimization across projects.
• Competence planning, assessment, Training and development planning.
• Hiring planning, Recruitment, Talent retention & Knowledge management.
• Group communication, Coaching and mentoring of group members.
• Periodic Performance assessment of group members.
• Front-end for all stakeholders relevant to the group, stakeholder interactions.
• Prepare the budget for the group.
• To establish and maintain the necessary tools/software licenses required for product design and development.
• Process development and process improvement to collaborate with other Technology Centers Career & succession planning for the team members.
• To meet business targets as specified by organization.
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical engineer.
• Minimum of 15 to 20 years’ experience in switchgear design and development.
• Experience in high voltage switchgear will be added advantage.
• Knowledge of 3D modelling, PLM and Simulation tools.
• Project Management experience of complex project.
More about us
For further information please visit career site - http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.