Design Engineer - Creo
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Division and HVDC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids division’s Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid division. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
• Preparation of 3D modeling of high voltage circuit breaker and parts for various substation configurations.
• Generating bill of material for modules and products and creating part numbers using SAP.
• Co-ordination and reviewing the 2D and 3D drawings before submitting the same to customers.
• Preparation of guaranteed technical parameters for various high voltage equipment’s such as circuit breakers, disconnectors, earth switches.
• Addressing the technical queries raised by customer during execution of project in case if required.
• Supporting to various cross functions like supply chain, project management and quality for understanding the customer requirements and specifications in case if required.
• Supporting to onsite installation and commissioning colleagues for understanding the customer drawings and other technical support.
• Visiting the customer for attending the queries and ensuring the engineering drawings approval in time.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• A Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
• 2 – 7 years of experience with tools like Creo/Pro-E/CAD.
• Knowledge of relevant International standards e.g. IEEE, IEC etc.
• Knowledge of high voltage gas insulated switchgear (66kv and above).
More about us
For more details, please visit http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”