Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Division and HVDC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids division’s Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid division. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- As a Tender Specialist, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Implementation of sales support strategy:
- • Prepare timely and comprehensive bids.
- • Determine most technical appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
- • Customer satisfaction improvement.
- • Bid & proposal standardization & competence development.
- • Tools and processes development.
- • Collaborate across the tendering competency center (TCC) team in offering solutions to country / region specific customers.
- • Establish and maintain relationship with business units & divisions, front end sales.
- • Know-how sharing & cross-collaboration.
- • Analyse customer needs and competitor offers through general market info and information provided by front end sales team.
- Manage Bids to:
- • Define costs for the proposed solution and communicate to sales organization.
- • Ensure all proposals follow relevant ABB procedures and guidelines.
- • Rationalize terms and conditions.
- • Support bid / No bid decisions process & participate in risk review process.
- • Support bid clarifications, technical meetings, product presentations & negotiations.
- • Provide market intelligence data.
- • Lost proposal analysis to obtain better future bidding.
- • Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- • Bachelor in Electrical & Electronics or related discipline.
- • Minimum of 3 to 5 years on experience and skill to prepare and support bid process.
- • Knowledge of Power Grid market & ABB product & system offerings.
- • Experience in renewables/ transportation/substation tenders.
More about us
For more details, please visit http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”