Project Engineer- Expert Optimizer
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Industrial Automation Division provides modern solutions for various types of industries. The division consists of eight business units: Oil, Gas and Chemicals (IAOG), Process Industries (IAPI), Power Generation (IAPG). Marine and Ports (IAMP), Turbocharging (IATU), Control Technologies (IACT), Measurement and Analytics (IAMA) and Machine & Factory Automation (IAMF). There are 1800+ employees in IA division.
As a Project Engineer- Expert Optimizer you will be part of India Operation Centre - Industrial Automation (INOPC IA) and will be based in Bengaluru.
• Engineering and commissioning of ABB Ability Expert Optimizer System.
• Responsible for post commissioning support visits for installed plants.
• Carry out Engineering and commissioning of ABB Ability Expert optimizer system at plants.
• Interface with customer and ensure meeting planned schedule of activities.
• Prepare periodic reports (like weekly commissioning report, time sheet, SAT) and update the relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure Time Sheets are maintained periodically.
• Ensure customer queries are resolved on time & maintain customer relationship through professional approach.
• Ensures the activities at site are in line with company health, safety and environmental policies.
• Efficient in process analysis and estimating the areas where optimization is required to enhance
• Responsible for providing remote assistance to installed base.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution.
• A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in relevant field.
• Experience & Familiar with:
Advance Process Control Technology
Cement & Mining Process
Third Party Cement Process Optimization solution (Advanced Process Control)
Basics of Control System & OPC Communication with PLC/DCS
• Desirable Experience
ABB Ability EO system
More about us
For any further information, please visit ABB career site
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”