Mechanical Design Engineer
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Robotics and Motion Business beyond the momentum of the markets – achieving our full potential for profitable growth in industrial automation, power, and transportation and infrastructure. RM’s markets size are around $150 billion and expected growth of an additional $40 billion by 2020, providing us with a healthy market space to grow. The product ranges from Robots, Motors & Drives.
RM business Line (BL) have developed a portfolio of strategic initiatives that balance our execution risk and speed to grow. Our BL’s are working with the countries and regions to develop meaningful, measurable, and coordinated plans for implementation.
You as a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for following activities
• Providing Design engineering comprising of 3D concept, 2D detailing and Robot simulations for customer specific applications meeting the timelines.
• Preparing different options and solutions incorporating the ABB Design standards and or International design standards.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
•Diploma/Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical / Mechatronics.
• 2 to 3 years + experience in Mechanical design engineering & Robotic Simulation proposals.
• Knowledge of Design software essential: Solid works 2016 / Catia V5/ NX & AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of GD&T, Design of fixtures, Mechanical elements required.
• Good knowledge of English required.
• Ability to communicate clearly both written & verbal in English
More about us
For more details, please visit
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”