Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL) is a company which has 5 functions to support ABB projects globally. We have 2000 employees as a part of this company serving in the areas of Research, Development, Engineering center and Regional ERP support center which contributes to ABB's 5 divisions globally. In 2015 the company name was registered as ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL).
- As a Testing Engineer, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- • Configuring Test Environment - Test Environment is to be created with the components of MACH Control System in the Test Lab Facility, with Computers, Servers, Input - Output Boards and Simulation Environments.
- • Develop/Write Test procedures - Write Test Cases / Scenarios for verifying the functionalities of the Control System like Communication, Analog and Digital Acquisitions etc.
- • Test Execution - Execution of Test Cases, for various software and hardware releases using the developed test cases in the test lab.
- • Test Reporting - Report the test execution details to the development team for further actions.
- • Maintains Test Environment - Maintain the test environment with updated software and hardware for current and future use.
- • Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- • Bachelor’s degree in engineering in Electrical /Electronic/ Instrumentation Engineering preferred.
- • Must have Knowledge on testing software for electrical or electronic components.
- • ISTQB certification would be a plus.
- • Should have 3 to 5 years of experience in test case writing, test reporting and test execution.
More about us
For more details, please visit
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”