Production Development Specialist
Bangalore North, Karnataka, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy. ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue. In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions. Electrification Products offers a full range of distribution solutions to connect, protect, control and measure a wide range of electrical systems for all major industries, including the residential sector. Its offering - covered by the five business units which includes building products, protection and connection, installation products, distribution solutions and Solar offerings. We are close to 1700+ employees in EP division.
• Evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques and procedures to identify & select enclosure part to build power enclosure panel. Release bill of material and manufacturing drawings for manufacturing & procurement of enclosure parts. Provides technical support in busbar calculations, drawing preparation for manufacture & testing.
• Supports sales in issuing claims (new/change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.). Provides quality solutions as per customer requirements and delivers within budget and contract value. Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
• Creates work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improves effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions
• Completes risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility Reports any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
• Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers. Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals, and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services
• Uses standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
• Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry level engineers, technicians, administrative staff.
• A Bachelor degree in Engineering or related discipline.
• More than eight years of experience in LV Switchgear engineering involving MCC, PCC, IMCC, comprising components like ACB, MCCB, Soft Starters, VFD, ATS, Transformer Bus duct. Well versed in control and interlock schemes of LV panel
• Knowledge of SAP, MS Office, Auto CAD, EPLAN,
• A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
For further information please visit career site - http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.