Controlling and Planning Specialist
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Providing Financial Planning and Controlling expertize to the organization by compiling and analyzing metrics, identifying trends and problems, communicating information to relevant groups and recommending actions to improve financial performance.
- Business Analysis
- •Performing analysis of business performance versus budget and forecast.
- •Performing benchmarking of key performance indicators with external and internal peers.
- •Working with the other financial professionals in Divisions / Regions / Countries and functions to understand and analyze the drivers of financial performance and identify trends.
- •Preparing financial analysis for various “what if” scenarios and sensitivity analysis and the overall impact to the business units.
- •Analysing overhead under / over absorption indicating root cause
- •Preparing and analysing Product / Customer profitability.
- •Calculating Labour hour rates and overhead absorption rate for different business scenarios.
- •Performing cost / benefit analysis, NVP / IRR analysis and payback period for capex initiatives.
- •Analysing of inventories and NWC
- •Preparing ad-hoc reports as per Business units’ request
- Financial reporting
- •Supporting preparation of relevant organization financial reporting, business planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- •Validating accuracy of financial data and business information and reports by performing reconciliation and review of exceptions
- Information and communication
- •Providing information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, presentation of findings and analysis
- •Optimizing own performance to increase productivity by developing automated solutions, eliminating duplications, coordinating information requirements.
- •Recommending changes of process standards and procedures to improve the timely performance of process activities
- •Identifying areas for process / report standardization across different countries, divisions and business units.
- Internal control and documentation
- •Ensure processes and controls within own area of responsibility are designed and implemented in line with Group and unit requirements.
- •Maintaining proper audit trail and documentation for future tax / internal / external audits and reviews
- •Preparing SOPs for all activities performed
- •Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Knowledge and Skills
- •Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- •Thorough / detail oriented approach.
- •Strong communication skills.
- •Fluent in English.
- •Hands on experience in SAP FICO and COPA modules
- •Basic Knowledge of Sales & Distribution, Production planning, Projects, Material master modules in SAP
- •Experience with MS Office
- •Ability to work with diverse teams across different countries.
- •Self-motivated with a strong commitment to quality
- Up to 4 year experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, preferably in a Manufacturing unit.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting with CMA/ CA / MBA
More about us
Refer ABB Website