Sales & Tendering Engineer
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Division and HVDC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids division’s Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid division. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
Your responsibilities -
• Prepare Timely and comprehensive Pre-Bid documentation & presentations.
• Determine most technical appropriate and cost effective solutions.
• Customer satisfaction improvement.
• Bid & proposal standardization & competence development.
• Tools and processes development.
• Collaborate across the TCC team in offering solutions to country / region specific customers.
• Close collaboration with the Product Group Territory Marketing & Sales Managers (TMSM) responsible for the global market.
• Know-how sharing & cross-collaboration.
• Analyse customer needs and competitor offers through general market info and information provided by FES.
Manage bids to:
• Ensure all proposals follow relevant ABB procedures and guidelines.
• Rationalize terms and conditions.
• Review and analyze the bid technical documents and requirements and identifies the scope of supply, configuration of the product with relevant options, prepares list of technical deviations and clarifications, prepares data sheets, prepares comments to customer’s technical specifications including quality plans, painting specifications, document lists, etc.
• Assist the TMSM’s during tendering for adequate follow-up and proper answers during the bid clarification process.
• Coordinate consistent proposal and comments in case of multichannel tenders for projects in bid-for-bid stage.
• Provide market intelligence data.
• Lost proposal analysis to obtain better future bidding.
• Accountable for technical expertise and accuracy of the deliverables.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Experience and skill to prepare and support value based selling, bid process.
• Engineering exposure in preparing alternate solutions for AIS to GIS conversion.
• Knowledge of Power Grid market & ABB product & system offerings.
• Candidate with 3 to 5 years of professional work experience in GIS.
•Technical or commercial background on university level or equivalent.
• Multi culture experience is a benefit.
More about us
For more details, please visit http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.