Associate Engineer - Local Control Cubicle E3
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Business and HVDC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Preparation of single line diagram, protection block diagram, interlocking logics and data sheet for HV equipment.
- CT VT sizing, battery and battery charger sizing calculations.
- Prepare schematics of control and protection panels / Local control cubicles and associated manufacturing documents.
- Coordination with primary, FAT and commissioning activities and resolve issues arising in each of these stages.
- Interface Engineering with primary equipment.
- Cable engineering.
- Auxiliary power system design.
- Support to Tender Engineering – Bill of Material, Technical risk assessment, RFQ, vendor offers review, validation etc.
- Project Planning, Resource allocation and monitoring of workload for self and others in the team.
- Tender preparation: Prepare the tender based on customer specification, get the same reviewed and approved according to the quality process.
- Procurement support: Responsible for technical validation of vendor documents generated based on the design inputs.
- Documentation: Directly responsible for maintaining and updating the documentation for respective projects as per quality process.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering /Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 to 7 years of experience in design tool E3, Elmaster, AutoCAD, Microstation.
- Should have relevant experience in International standards Example- IEC, ANSI etc.
More about us
For more details, please visit http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”