Designer - 3D Modelling Creo
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Business and HVDC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- • Technical contribution: Designs engineering solutions, including drawings and calculations according to specification. Contributes to design reviews and design verification, modifies design as necessary.
- • Contract management: Identifies variation requests to support contract claims.
- • Planning and control of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- • Risk and opportunity management: Completes risk and opportunity assessments and the responsibility. Reports any contract / quality / program / cost issues to management for resolution.
- • Customer Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of design assignments.
- • Supply chain management: Collaborates with the supply chain function, reviews vendor documentation, prepares RFQs, provides design related evaluation of proposals for standard materials and equipment.
- • Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Assists in communication with customer pertaining to specific project design assignments or meetings.
- • Processes and tools Uses standard processes and tools, assists in developing new processes and tools for reuse of technical solutions.
- • People leadership and development Provides support and direction for entry level team members, which may include trainees and interns.
- • Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- • Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering/ Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- • 2 – 7 years of experience in 3D tools like CREO/pro-E, CAD.
- • Knowledge of relevant International standards ex. IEEE, IEC etc.
- • Knowledge of high voltage oil/gas insulated Instrument Transformers (72KV and above).
More about us
For more details, please visit http://new.abb.com/jobs/center#JobCountry=any&JobCity=any&JobFunction=any&JobRole=any&JobText=
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”