Project Engineer - Primary Creo 3D
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Business and HVDC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) substation layouts, sections and detailed erection drawings preparation for tenders or projects based on customer specification.
- Prepare bill of material for tenders or projects based on requirement.
- Earthing system design, drawings and Bill of Materials (BoM).
- Lightning system design, drawings and BoM.
- Lighting system design and BoM.
- Technical data sheets verification of primary equipment.
- Provide optimized designs on time with standard quality for AIS, GIS, Hybrid and special purpose substations.
- Adherence to quality system and contribution to its improvement.
- Vendor evaluation by visiting to their facilities.
- FAT / SAT of primary equipment, system as and when needed.
- Conductor sizing and loading calculations.
- Current Transformers, Voltage Transformers sizing, cable sizing wherever required.
- Responsible for obtaining customer approvals for the designs and drawings.
- As-built drawings preparation etc.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor Degree / 3 years Diploma in electrical engineering.
- 2 -7 years of experience in design.
- Hand on experience in 3D tools like ProE / CREO, AUTOCAD, MS Office.
- Knowledge of relevant international standards such as IEC / ANSI.
- Knowledge of high voltage GIS products.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.