Program Management Engineer
Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
ABB’s Electrification Industrial Solutions (ELIS) empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
As a Program Management Engineer you will be part of Electrification Industrial Solutions (ELIS) and will be based in Hyderabad.
- Responsible for driving definition process of IMCO projects by organizing cross-functional workouts and close cooperation with technology, manufacturing, sourcing, product management and vendors.
- Coordinate execution of productivity programs, validate product designs changes, implement manufacturing readiness, and support product launch.
- Ensure projects meet their financial goals.
- Ensure developed product designs meet industrial electrical distribution market needs defined by product technical specifications and UL, IEC, and ANSI standards.
- Develop and test product qualification, certification, and reliability requirements.
- Manage execution of prototype design, build, and testing.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis to resolve design concept failures.
- Work with AME group for expertise/technical leverage to improve conversions with supplier of assembly /part price.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering; or higher.
- Proven record of engineering analysis and design execution success min 3 years.
- Working knowledge of Change Management, Six Sigma and Design for Reliability processes.
- Demonstrated experience in applying engineering fundamentals to resolve complex product performance, root cause analysis, and quality resolution issues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute project plans while delivering financial goals.
- Knowledge of product cost structure and manufacturing production process.
- Strong organization and analytical competencies.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to influence and drive change / results.
- Demonstrated high level of motivation and resourcefulness.
- Excellent interpersonal skill, and verbal written communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of CAD Software and manufacturing production process.
- Travel up to 25% may be required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”