Field Service Engineer - Cooling Systems
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Business and HVDC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Prepare the list of tools & tackles required for site I&C activities based on respective product and project configurations.
- Ensure the installation, testing and commissioning activities within a specific time period agreed with our customers.
- Daily monitoring of I&C / Field service progress and sending the weekly report to the manager.
- Accessing the risks involved at site in meeting the milestones and report the same to concern authorities in well advance.
- Conducting the FAT / SAT activities as per our internal protocols & practices and document the same as per ISO standards.
- Preparation of nonconformities found at our product/site materials at any stage of execution and report the same to the concern and get them resolved to ensure smooth progress of I&C.
- Ensure the results of SAT as per our internal protocols and cross check with factory routine tests (FRT) and factory acceptance test (FAT) in case if required.
- Ensure proper interface with CRP and other customer panels as may be required in accordance with latest engineering drawings and report the same to engineering department in case if any abnormality found.
- Communication with other cross functional departments like Project management, supply chain management, Quality and manufacturing for support in their respective areas.
- Preparation of punch points / open points and coordinate with project manager / site manager to close the appropriate ones from I&C / field service function.
- Handover the HV equipment installation to customers with proper documentation.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 – 7 years of experience in relevant field.
- Experience in Installation, testing and commissioning of high voltage equipment (66kV and above).
- Knowledge of relevant International standards ex. IEEE, IEC etc.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”