Project Engineer - Surge Arresters
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Business and HVDC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Conduct insulation coordination study and recommend optimal surge arresters based on system design.
- Preparation of 3D modeling of high voltage surge arresters, support structures and parts (66kV and above) for various requirements.
- Generating BoM of modules and products and creating part numbers using SAP.
- Co-ordination and reviewing the 2D and 3D drawings before submitting the same to customers.
- Preparation of guaranteed technical parameters for various high voltage Surge arresters and components.
- Addressing the technical queries raised by customer during execution of project in case if required.
- Supporting to various cross functions like SCM, project management and quality for understanding the customer requirements and specifications in case if required.
- Supporting to onsite installation and commissioning colleagues for understanding the customer drawings and other technical support.
- Visiting the customer for attending the queries and ensuring the engineering drawings approval in time.
- Directly responsible for maintaining and updating the documentation for respective projects as per quality process.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- 4 – 7 years in relevant field.
- Hands of experience in 3D tools like CREO/pro-E, CAD.
- Knowledge of relevant International standards ex. IEEE, IEC etc.
- Knowledge of system studies and high voltage surge arresters (66kv and above).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”