Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Power Grids Division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
ABB's High Voltage Products team provides products which help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate developments in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency.
- Serving as ABB's Prime Interface with Customer.
- Overall Site Execution for Bay Augmentation & Retrofit works with utmost Safety and integrity.
- Executing Site activities according to Plan and Update the Status on progress (able to manage more than one site at a time).
- Working closely with Project Manager to meet contractual obligations.
- Assuring valid Health & Safety Plan is prepared before start of execution and proactively monitors and implement the same. Instructs newly arrived Team on Safety Guidelines.
- Interpreting of Switchyard Drawings like Plan, Section, SLD etc. & Ensuring execution of work as per Field quality plan. Ability to supervise work for erection, testing and commission of project site works.
- Co-ordinating all the logistics, like gate passes, requirement of testing equipment and team, local accommodation & Transportation for personnel.
- Keeping and updating site log book, maintain statutory documents, recording Site work such ABB Personnel activities, requests made by customer & contractors.
- Closure of Site with all statutory documents, Installation & Commissioning of project works, Handing over site to customer, Certification of contractor bills.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A diploma/degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in 66kv/132kv/220kv/400kv Switchyard installation, T&C works.
- Good Communication skills, Planning and Work Scheduling.
- Skilled in Substation Equipment Installations ,problem solving and people handling.
- Quick learner with interest in and ability to do execution of Switchyard Project site works.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi is required.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Excel & Word.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”