Test Engineer R&D
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL) is a company which has 5 functions to support ABB projects globally. We have 2000 employees as a part of this company serving in the areas of Research, Development, Engineering center and Regional ERP support center which contributes to ABB's 5 divisions globally. In 2015 the company name was registered as ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL).
- As a Test Engineer R&D, you would be responsible for:
- Verifying & validating the substation automation products, participating in test core team workshop to understand the product test requirements and performing software/domain test activities on system/product projects, including design, coding and black box testing of software modules in line with the quality management system.
- Developing new and adaptive design of test cases for system and product requirements. Reporting & verifying the test defect logs captured during the testing phase of the assigned product.
- Partnering with a variety of different product stakeholder groups, including management at different levels, business analysts and developer’s community. Ensuring the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the several subsystems in modular, easy-to-maintain and extendible software that meets the product specification.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- 3-8 years of practical experience as Commissioning/Domain engineer in Substation Automation.
- Experience in Substation Automation protocols like IEC 60870-5-101/104, DNP 3.0, IEC 61850 is must.
- Working knowledge in PRP/HSR, PTP, SNTP, SNMP is required.
- Basic knowledge in Test Automation will be added advantage.
- Working knowledge of tools such as TFS, ALM, Test management system etc.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
"I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended)."