Associate Project Manager - Order Handling
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Business and HVDC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Defines jointly with project controls / project operations, sales and engineering teams all project plan documents, including scope and financial plan, schedule and risk management plan.
- Leads project team, establishes the project execution approach and overseas project handover, execution planning and monitoring and control of both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals.
- Review of contract receipt from sales. Develop project schedule and freeze with respective stakeholders (internal and external).
- Preparation of project specific risk and opportunities management plan. Preparation of project wise master document list.
- Coordinate with feeder factories for production plan and follow up on production progress.
- Coordination with LPG for material readiness and completion of FAT. Follow-up on material shipment, material receipt at site and acknowledgment from sites for submission of Milestone billings (if any).
- Coordinate with stakeholders for erection, testing and commissioning at site.Closely coordinate and document change requests related to project scope and get approvals for time extension, additional cost etc.
- Project handing over as-built drawings, commercial closure etc. Ensure implementation and compliance of OHS group guidelines
- Ensure ABB integrity guidelines are followed in the team. Ensure IS security policy followed in the team.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Graduate in engineering or any related discipline.
- Min experience of 10 years in execution projects or order handling in any of power system OEMs with a min of 4 years in leading projects and ability to work in ERP environment.
- Preference will be given to those who have completed PMP.
- Should possess strong leadership skills and ability to convince stakeholders in the interest of the project.
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver the projects with time, cost and quality.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”