Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
- Supervise a shift team’s progress against work plans as defined by Production management to ensure the proper use of machinery, equipment and assembly lines within
- a production area.
- Cooperate with the unit supervisor to create an effective work environment and reinforce production schedules and quality.
- Main Accountabilities:
- Shift monitoring :
- Assists management and shift team in allocating, coordinating, and overseeing shift orders and work plan execution within production lines during the shift.
- Organization :
- Provides regular feedback and makes recommendations to management regarding issues within the production line, including production line organization, shifting priorities and possible critical situations.
- Staff :
- Helps management implement staff movements in case of vacations, illnesses, machine outages or shifting priorities.
- Cooperation :
- Serves as leader during shifts to oversee cooperation and the resolution of technical/quality problems and logistic issues.
- Metrics :
- Reinforces focus on volume, efficiency and on time delivery.
- Health & safety :
- Ensures the shift operation is run in compliance with health & safety policies and guidelines
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Education - Diploma/BE electrical or mechanical
- Experience -1 to 5 years of experience in rotating machines production .
- Preferred from rotating machines industry .
- Added advantage with Six Sigma certification .
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”