Nashik, Maharashtra, India
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy .
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
- Engineering Support during procurement of material & tendering stage to marketing team .
- Technical Support to our regional offices & during purchasing for finalization of specifications of CTs, relays etc.
- Engineering support during manufacturing.
- SAP (ERP) support for sale order and material master.
- Carrying out customer inspection at works.
- Capable to discuss engineering drawings across table with customer.
- Engineering Support during site commissioning
- Technical Support to our service team during pre-commissioning / post-commissioning checks for various test to conducted & to be verified at site.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Application Engineer / Design Engineer expected knowledge & activities
- Engineer should be able to understand the customer specification, electrical relevant standards applicable for various electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of relevant standards applicable in Medium Voltage switchgear (IEC/IS)
- Capable to understand the complete philosophy of the power system.
- Verification of customer requirements before preparation of customer bound drawings.
- Design engineer should be capable to draw the single line diagram for the layout of the substation Based on customer SLD & lay out, should be able to prepare electrical schematics in e PLAN Software.
- Knowledge of design the interlock for breaker closing & tripping circuit to suit the desired operation of respective feeder.
- Knowledge of protection system requirement, fundamentals of CTs, Motor, Generators, Switching of Capacitor Banks & design the schematics using selective protection Relays .
- Conversant to use SAP(ERP).
- Conversant with Switching Over Voltage application in Medium Voltage, Applicable type test of the products.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”