Geography Sales Manager Grid Automation
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Power Grids Division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
ABB's Grid Automation team provide the most complete digital portfolio in the industry, offering our customers with end-to-end solutions in grid protection, automation and communication. Combining our products with our exceptional expertise allows us to provide innovative solutions to energize the digital grid. .
You will be accountable to meet demand order target within your geography including pipeline generation for Grid Automation full portfolio.
- Creating, planning and implementing Go to market sales strategy, strategic sales and business development initiatives, in alignment with global sales strategy. Achieving sales targets in respect of both budgets and sales efficiency.
- Identifying opportunities at existing and potential new customers within defined geographical area, and determines plans for acquisition and allocates resources.
- Coordinating the flow of information for sales activities and transactions, including leads, billings, orders, contracts, etc. and evaluating data to ensure achievement of goals. Monitoring and providing reports to the Marketing and Sales organization on market intelligence.
- Supporting the development of strong relationships with key customers. Builds and maintains strong relationships with key decision makers. Ensures efficient marketing communications.
- Ensuring achievement of sales volume, service orders growth and product mix targets by setting appropriate price and margin for sales. Participating on negotiations of key contracts. Manage ongoing costs.
- Monitoring client financial status and reporting any changes regarding risk to relevant internal partner teams. Identifying and managing potential risks relating to contract agreements across customers/channels.
- Taking ownership of the sales processes, and all relevant training and development plans, actions and programs.
- Ensuring (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Driving and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for ourselves while caring for our colleagues and our business.
- A BE or B. Tech in electrical or electronics, preferably with Management background.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 Years in marketing/ sales of grid automation (protection, automation, communication technologies and would have dealt with Power utilities/ Oil and GAS / Railways/ Metros/ EPC/ End users.
- At-least 5-yrs experience in leadership role to have managed Zonal responsibility, handling team of 4-5 colleagues and defending sale budget of up to 20-MN$.
- Effective implementation and use of M&S tools, market/ competition intelligence & customer connect in assigned geography/ zone.
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”