Supply Chain Management Specialist
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
You will be part of Supply Chain Management (SCM) team and responsible to execute material purchase requests, according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures under supervision.
This role is based in Bangalore and reporting to Team Leader.
- Recommending / supporting in identifying new suppliers and coordinates with relevant category team. Following the process to qualify new suppliers in cooperation with supplier quality and engineering specialists.
- Supporting in negotiation of agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renewing pricelists, terms and conditions and feeds back recommendations for appropriate actions.
- Adapting corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommending frame agreements to management, ensuring approved contractual terms in execution.
- Analyzing and evaluating bids within the scope, in order to determine the optimal value.
- Supporting bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information within the area of responsibility.
- Tracking goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensuring invoice processing as per available guidelines.
- Overseeing supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time), and recommending solutions / resolving performance issues within the scope.
- Initiating supply orders in the system, confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- Aligning supplier orders with customer requirements (based on enterprise resource planning (erp) or standard operating procedures (sop)/project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Conducting all supply chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures pro-supply global supplier relationship management platform is kept updated as defined in pro-supply procedure within the scope of activities.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Tech/B.E degree in any stream.
- Fresher /0-12 months experience in supply chain.
- Excellent written/verbal communication.
- Flexible to work in Night Shift.
- Exposure to SAP is an added advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”