R&D Senior Engineer
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
This is a R&D Senior Engineer role, reporting to the Team Manager in Business Area Industrial Automation (IA) located in Bangalore and will be responsible developing cutting edge control applications for the Industrial Automation Process Industries division, collaborating with teams in India, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Singapore.
- Developing activities related to Advanced Process Control (APC) software productization integration with system 800xA.
- Developing 800xA control builder libraries, faceplates, object types, graphics and services related to APC product.
- Interacting with various stakeholders to understand the customer demands, update self with latest trends and technologies used in APC domain.
- Developing and maintaining customer demos to showcasing product functionalities, features and value proposition for customers.
- Understanding design requirements from stakeholder and Product Manager.
- Ensuring a high level and up to date technical know-how of information and communications technology solutions, software development tools, applications for relevant product and competitor’s product know how.
- Responsible for creating clear & concise documentation such as user manual and configuration manuals on features/solutions/products.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Ph.D / M.Tech / B.Tech in either Chemical or Instrumentation engineering.
- Required 8-10 years of working experience with any degree and 4 to 6 years with Ph.D in system 800XA products such as AC800M control builder, PPA etc.
- Strong development experience in developing 800xA libraries, faceplates, advance process control etc.
- Strong development experience in C++, COM and Structured text programming.
- Good to have experience in .NET framework, C#, WPF & WCF, MVVM.
- Experience in debugging customer dump files using debugging tools like Windbg, memory leak tools.
- Understanding of APC Domain would be an added advantage.
- Working with process industry applications like in minerals, cement, mining, pulp & paper industries with basic understanding of concepts of Control Systems (DCS, PLC, SCADA).
- Working Knowledge on Public interfaces OPC UA, OPC Classic.
- Exposure in deploying application on cloud environment or Microsoft IOT (Edge).
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Ability to contribute and implement initiative with in the project using the tools and process and ensure alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.