Senior Research & Development Engineer-Python
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL) is a company which has 5 functions to support ABB projects globally. We have 2000 employees as a part of this company serving in the areas of Research, Development, Engineering center and Regional ERP support center which contributes to ABB's 5 divisions globally. In 2015 the company name was registered as ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL).
ABB Industrial Automation is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy efficient operations.
Reporting to the Research & Development Projects Director and you will be responsible for contributing significantly to successful project results in technology and product development by identifying, proposing and implementing innovative solutions by using unique technical knowledge to oversee development tasks.
- Leading the requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
- Designing and developing data transformation and processing modules using Python.
- Mentoring the team driving correct adoption of modern software engineering & delivery practices (“Real” Agile, TDD, Stateless Design, Microservices, Containerization, CI/CD, Cloud etc.).
- Evaluating technical trends and providing recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives.
- Implementing high quality software solutions in line with business requirements.
- Coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers to implement high quality software solutions in line with business requirements.
- Demonstrating innovation in processes followed and/or solutions delivered and encouraged it within the team.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or Electrical or Electronics from a reputed institution.
- Required 6 to 8 years of experience in application design and development with core Python Concepts like Comprehensions, Decorators, Generators and Lambdas.
- Advanced knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented design and microservices architecture principles.
- Strong Python experience dealing with large data sets and data transformation.
- Extensive experience using Python libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Scipy.
- Proficient in SQL databases SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Good knowledge of ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
- Experience with developing REST based web services and OAuth flows.
- Good understanding of Docker Containers and Kubernetes.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”