Research & Development Engineer - Data Modelling
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL) is a company which has 5 functions to support ABB projects globally. We have 2000 employees as a part of this company serving in the areas of Research, Development, Engineering center and Regional ERP support center which contributes to ABB's 5 divisions globally. In 2015 the company name was registered as ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL).
ABB Industrial Automation is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy efficient operations.
Reporting to the Research & Development Projects Director and you will be responsible for contributing significantly to successful project results in technology and product development by identifying, proposing and implementing innovative solutions by using unique technical knowledge to oversee development tasks.
- Developing the conceptual, logical and physical data models, the implementation of RDBMS, Operational Data Store (ODS), Data Marts, Data Lakes on target platforms.
- Working with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies and developing conceptual/logical/physical data models.
- Defining and governing data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices and related development for enterprise data models.
- Mentoring the team to drive the correct adoption of modern software engineering & delivery practices.
- Implementing high quality software solutions in line with business requirements.
- Working in a global software development team, sharing experience and skills with other team members.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or Electrical or Electronics from a reputed institution.
- Required 4 to 6 years of experience to build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the Azure platform.
- Proficient in Dimensional Data Modelling (DDM) & database design.
- Experience with modeling tool such as Erwin and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with a wide variety of database platforms including traditional SQL, No-SQL, In-memory in both on-premises and in-cloud.
- Good understanding of Big Data, Master Data Management (MDM) and data virtualization for both structured and unstructured data.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure and familiarity with other cloud platforms and concepts.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”