Nashik, Maharashtra, India
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering
low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions
for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
This is a R&D Engineer role, reporting to the R&D Project Manager in Business
Area Electrification located in Nashik and will be responsible for contributing with own ideas to
identify, propose, implement innovative technology development and solutions by solving industrial
- Responsible for mechanical design.
- Responsible for detailed design, 2D drawings, concept and CAD 3D models.
- Responsible for Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) design and development, prototyping, type testing.
- Designing of sheet metal parts, casted, machined metal parts, molded plastic parts.
- Responsible for metal forming and manufacturing process knowledge and optimization.
- Designing reviews in close communication with other R&D Project Managers and technical experts.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in design and development of GIS.
- Excellent competence with CAD (Pro-E, Solidworks etc.), Smarteam/Windchill preferred.
- Reading of technical drawings and experience in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems is required.
- Excellent English language skills-written and spoken.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment,
in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading
926, as amended).”